A smile says a lot about you, it is often the first thing that people do when they meet one another, and a warm smile can do wonders for creating an excellent first impression. If you are self-conscious of your smile because it seems that your gums overpower your smile, and you are looking for a way to even it out, our team at Carrville Family Dentistry has a solution for you! Gum contouring in Richmond Hill is a modern dental procedure that helps improve your smile. This cosmetic dentistry treatment uses laser dentistry for a quick and painless procedure and recovery.
Laser gum contouring near you is also used to treat receding gums. Gum recession can occur due to genetics, poor brushing techniques, or gum disease.
How Does Gum Contouring Work?
When you visit our dentist in Richmond Hill for gum contouring, the process is simple and easy:
- Our dentist will take digital images of your teeth to check the condition of your tooth structure.
- Next, our dentist will create a plan for your gum reshaping and contouring.
- Then, our dentist will administer a local anesthetic so that you feel no pain during your procedure.
- Our dentist will then proceed with the contouring process using a dental laser.
- Finally, using abrasive strips, our dentist will shape, smoothen, and polish your teeth.
With these five easy steps, our dentist near you can turn your gummy smile into a picture-perfect one! The entire procedure only takes about twenty minutes to complete.
Healing After Gum Contouring
It is normal to feel a small amount of pain after getting gum contouring treatment. Over-the-counter painkillers such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen should be enough to manage your discomfort. Ensure that you follow our dentist’s advice on the correct brushing technique and that you get some rest after your treatment. It is also important to avoid biting on hard or crunchy food for the first while after your treatment. Until you are given the go-ahead, stick to a soft diet, including soft vegetables, pasta, cheese, soup, and yogurt.
What Are the Benefits of Gum Contouring?
Gum contouring is becoming more popular because of the numerous benefits the procedure has to offer. Here are some of the benefits of gum contouring:
- Lower risk of infection: since lasers cauterize tissue as they reshape your gums, your mouth stays clean and sterile throughout the entire procedure.
- A faster healing time: gum contouring results in faster healing, and there is no need for sutures either.
- Less bleeding: gum contouring causes much less bleeding than other dental procedures, which is one of the main reasons patients choose this procedure.
Minimal side effects: you will experience minimal discomfort and irritation after getting gum contouring.
How Much Does Gum Contouring Cost?
The cost for gum contouring ranges from $300 to $3000, depending on the condition of your gums. Some other factors that play into the cost are the type of sedation used and necessary supplementary treatments. Many dental offices will offer payment plans to help patients shoulder the cost.
Interested in Gum Contouring?
At Carrville Family Dentistry, we are proud to offer our patients laser gum contouring treatments to help them achieve a beautiful, confident smile in just minutes. If you would like to learn more about this innovative procedure, please do not hesitate to contact our office and book a consultation today!